AG #1....Not a fecking clue.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metbandit1

Reaction score
:party:
Brew day today!!
I haven't got a clue how its going to do, im starting about 10am, ill post photos etc through the day as I break things.

:pray:

PHOTOS IN THIS ALBUM :!: :!: :!:
http://imgur.com/a/Gz33i

Good luck :thumb: Keep calm :D Think about things for a bit if they go wrong then act ;)

first one's always entertaining :lol: but, you learn a whole load of stuff as you brew that first one, so relax and enjoy it :thumb:

Keep a note of everything you do - especially volumes - this will help you in the post brew analysis to see where you could improve things ;)

Thanks for the support guys!
Well the mash is on... :shock: waiting for my first 20 minute interval to check temp.
What do I do if i find its dropping a bit much? Add a slight bit of warm water of just leave it?

Pictures being uploaded soon!

don't mess with it, wrap it up well, add extra insulation in the form of towels, blankets, spare duvet - whatever!! Just leave it for the 90 minutes mash and THEN check the temp :thumb:

Ok ill just sit here and twiddle my thumbs.... :(

:whistle:

An hour left!!

It smells good thats for sure.
With about 15 minutes left ill get the sparge water back onto the heat, im going to batch sparge this.

Well nothing broke or set on fire so everything went well! I managed to get 23.5L out of it which I think was quite good!
Although I only cooled with the chilled to 50c (to save a bit of water), so I need to leave it to cool more and hopefully be 9/10pm tonight it'll be ready to pitch yeasties.

well done , you will have to post the test results in stages , like 1 week bottles taste test , 2 weeks etc and of course your opinion on Ag brewing and differences between kit/extract and all grain . I feel advice coming from first time Ag brewers to non ag brewers is more real .
There will be no turning back now :clap:

well done on your first brew :thumb: time to plan your 2nd and 3rd and......

Cheers everyone!
Pittsy, this is the first beer I have EVER brewed, so cant even compare to kits sadly ;)

Ive got a little jug of iodine mixture next to the FV so I can test the temp/gravity when the time comes. Nice and sterile so nothing gets infected.

Measurement taken and yeasties added.

Does this look like 1.049 to you guys?

xH2vnl.jpg

Beer moved to secondary today, measured FG at 1.006 which means working it out from 1.036 to 1.006 puts it at 4%-4.1%

Bang on :)

:thumb:

Tastes good too :whistle:

Latest posts

Back