AG#2 Glusburn Blonde

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikerossi

Reaction score
Well, this was my second AG brew, did a 10 gallon bitter last time out but was a bit too busy to take pic's so this ones a 5 gall blonde using Marris Otter, bittering with Challanger and Cascades for the flavour and aromas.
I'm just enjoying a nice hand pulled pint of the AG#1 and the taste, I have to say, for me is far superior to any kit I've ever done, the malt flavours are much cleaner and smoother and besides that, what great fun and pleasure it is - even if it takes nearly a full day with cleaning down etc...

I'll just start with a few pics of my cellar brewery, it was a total junk fest down there a few months ago but it's getting there now...
BlondeBrewAG2003.jpg

BlondeBrewAG2002.jpg

still need to sort the back room out :whistle:
BlondeBrewAG2001.jpg

BlondeBrewAG2004.jpg

Some nice fresh skimmed yeast from local brewery :thumb:
BlondeBrewAG2005.jpg

mash on - the smell is fan-bloody- tastic!
BlondeBrewAG2008.jpg

right, while that lot's converting we'll have a glass or two of "not quite ready" AG#1, was still very good :thumb:
BlondeBrewAG2012.jpg

and say "what's up!" to my Cats, (and yes, that does hurt my legs :eek: )
BlondeBrewAG2036.jpg

BlondeBrewAG2034.jpg

lost 1 degree during the 60 min mash so fairly happy at that.
BlondeBrewAG2014.jpg

First runnings
BlondeBrewAG2015.jpg

Sparge: suprised how well the old tin foil trick works compared to the last one using a stainless holey plate, didn't have to tip toe around as much but anyway still learning, did let the level drop whilst trying to take piccy tho.
BlondeBrewAG2016.jpg

Sorry, couldn't take pic of the boil, too steamy right over the boiler. The chiller was just submerged until I pushed up against it for this photo, (glad I went for a long legged chiller for these 5 gallon afairs) and what I forgot to take a pic of was the extractor fan pulling most of the steam out the window with a desk top fan on the other side of the wall blowing at it.
BlondeBrewAG2038.jpg

into FV
BlondeBrewAG2039.jpg

the mess
BlondeBrewAG2042.jpg

i did forget a few things here and there which had me pegging it up and down the cellar stairs a fair old bit but enjoyed every second of it.
CHEERS EVERYONE :cheers:
BlondeBrewAG2021.jpg

BlondeBrewAG2028.jpg

Nice pics.... :thumb: No turning back now once you've tasted the quality.....All I can say is watch the waistline..lol

BB

How do you attach your beer engine to the beersphere? I've got long distance plans for a proper pump someday.

pjbiker said:
How do you attach your beer engine to the beersphere? I've got long distance plans for a proper pump someday.
Hi, it's only temporary really, just use some beer line with a stainless steel clip but the only draw back is using the top tap barrels: as the beer gets quite low it starts pulling air through the float valve, other than that it works very well and no need for the S30 cyclinder. :thumb:

Back