AG #22&23 Jagpur IPA Mark II and AbeyWeiss Wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
alright folks, decided to do a double brewday this weekend. I have brewed a Jaipur IPA clone before which was very good but decided to try it again with a slightly different recipe. I've named it Jagpur after Thistle's nickname the Jags as I did before but added Mark II as I'm Mark and its my second go at it!
I mashed the Jagpur last night and sparged it all having all the wort ready to boil this morning. I also decided to try brewing my first ever wheat beer. I put that onto mash last night and left it overnight and sparged this morning. I didn't step mash it so I wonder how that will affect my beer.
recipes below
Jagpur
5.5KG Marris Otter
190g Vienna

75 min boil
Ahtanum 8g
Chinook 12g
Centennial 10g
45 mins
Ahtanum 8g
Chinook 12g
Centennial 10g
0 mins
Ahtanum 25g
Chinook 36g
Centennial 40g
the Chinook hops were ultra grapefruity, probably the best smelling hops I've ever sniffed!
I dunno if I made a mistake with measuring out the grains or if the boil wasn't vigorous enough as it had the OG as 1.060 for 25 litres, I ended up bang on 25 litres but only got 1.050. the boiler is quite a big SS boiler and I only had one ring of the cooker boiling it, it was more like simmering for the 75 mins instead of vigorously boiling so I'm wondering if I didn't boil enough off.

the wheat beer named AbeyWeiss (no not edelweiss) recipe was:
Marris Otter 2.5KG
Wheat Malt 1.102 KG
Flaked Wheat 500g
Torrified Wheat 500g

Hops for 90 min boil
Hersbrucker 20g at 90
Saaz 20g at 90
Hersbrucker 10g at 10
Saaz 10g at 10
15g coriander seed at 5
30g dried orange peel at 5

I was surprised at how sweet the wheat beer was, I thought it would be quite bland and 'bready' but it was very nice.
got a few photos, no hydrometer shots as I wanted to get finished and cleaned up asap.

this is the Jagpur grains

running the strike water from hlt/boiler to mash tun

grains going in

Jagpur hops, from left 75 mins to right 0 mins

Jagpur boiling on kitchen worktop, big boiler took a while to get going

a nice wee 80 shilling to chill with after a brew day!

cheers noby.
aye got the house to myself this weekend, I thought if I'm going to brew one batch then I may aswell brew 2 while I can, I've got 5 cornies, 2 currently sitting empty, 2 in the kegerator although 1 is nearly done, and 1 waiting to go in the kegerator. also wanted to enter a few different categories for TST now I'm definitely going! :cheers:

Drinking abeys jagpur now live
We'll the aroma pineapple must be the centennial and chinook mix gives a pineapple flavour
Lovely and creamy bright white head
Yummy
:drunk:
Pictures to follow

Latest posts

Back