ALE MARY! What's the worst beer you like?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morethanworts

Landlord.
Reaction score
After a couple of recent threads where an unsuspecting member has taken a bashing for wanting a Fosters or John Smith's clone, come on...

Let's have an amnesty for those drinks you wouldn't normally admit you actually quite don't mind so much, just a teeny weeny bit, every so often, if there's nothing else. Ahem. Then we can all say a collective Ale Mary and never bring it up again. Honest.

I'll start.

San Miguel can be ok, once in a while. :oops:

ok i will bite, stella cidre only with a good splash of fresh lime juice to take that sweetness off

I loved the Fosters Radlers, the beer mixed with lemon, it was only about 2 or 3% but bloody lovely! i can't stand Fosters though!

I like desperados, san miguel and corona all good beers IMO, not sure why people are so snobby? If someone wants to make a clone of John Smiths then that’s their business...you wont catch me making one as I hate the bloody stuff! but if they fancy a tipple of it who am I to have a go?

Cononthebarber said:
I like desperados, san miguel and corona all good beers IMO, not sure why people are so snobby? If someone wants to make a clone of John Smiths then that’s their business...you wont catch me making one as I hate the bloody stuff! but if they fancy a tipple of it who am I to have a go?

Exactly. We're all friends here. If you like it you like it.

Well done folks. It's just for fun. Worst should probably have been in inverted commas.

:thumb:

Guinness foreign extra which everybody else seems to hate, its far too bloody toasty.

chrig said:
Guinness foreign extra which everybody else seems to hate, its far too bloody toasty.

one of my favs of all time! lovely beer. I'll vouch for corona, san miguel and desperados too. clever branding maybe, but it's hard to have something against summer beers. :cheers:

pint.jpg

When I run out of home brew then I'm not adverse to buying the aldi cheapo Galahad lager and shipstern bitter as the saying goes needs must when the devil drives lol
As for a john smiths clone , I make one of these every time I undo my zip and point Percy at the porcelain :tongue:

there comes a stage frequently when I am ****** and around a friends, the real ale has run out but there is some cans of bud (he hasn't been converted yet)
if I am thirsty I will drink whatever is available.

When there's nothing else anything will do. I actually quite like red stripe (my brother's favourite). Nowt wrong with the occasional Smiths, Boddingtons or Tetleys (or 10)

Those bottles of fosters radler are lovely although I can't drink fosters. I haven't been allowed to drink since my op so they have been great especially at 4 for a quid.
I enjoy corona and sol in the summer but I'd love the recipe to make my own this time round.
And I occasionally buy cans of spitfire or Mansfield when they are on offer.

On the upside its 6 weeks post op today, so when I get out of the bath I'm drinking homebrew until I cannot walk. :cheers: :drink:

mattyhall22 said:
I recall drinking 20-20, Diamond white, castaways, frosty jack, kestrel super when I was younger and the pubs would not serve me :nono:

And you live in Burton on Trent! That's 10 Ale Marys for you Matty. :nono:

Pleas may i remind you good fellows that the consumption of such drinks contravenes the Shameful Drinks Act 2003. :twisted: :twisted:

mattyhall22 said:
I recall drinking 20-20, Diamond white, castaways, frosty jack, kestrel super when I was younger and the pubs would not serve me :nono:

What about thunderbird :drunk: whatever happened to that drink :(

mattyhall22 said:

I used to drink Castaway and Diamond white mixed together in the Jubilee nightclub in Burton - we called them "Blastaways!"

Stephen

Lol, Yup I remember "blastaways", Used to See old Bob Cadd on the door with his big stick and the skinny and fat doormen that were the chefs at the Abbey :lol:

What was the beer they sold in the Jube? It was always and orange colour and tasted of **** :lol:

adrianmole72 said:
I used to drink Castaway and Diamond white mixed together in the Jubilee nightclub in Burton - we called them "Blastaways!"

Wouldn't it be simpler just to stick your head in a bassbin during a DnB set and turn the volume up to 11?

Back