Ali Express delivery costs Yikes!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Iv been looking at Keg Land on AliExpress and even tho the prices are excellent, if you don’t mind the wait, the delivery charges are extortionate!. Now Iv seen some posts on here of people buying items, so I’m surely missing the trick when it comes to delivery charges…Fermzilla fermenter £23.66, delivery cheapest option is £322.35 !. So you knowledgeable people, what’s the crack ?

I was going to order a counter pressure bottle filler for bottling of the keg. Has anyone any experience or would I be better paying extra to order of a better supplier

I’ve found some things do have an adverse effect on the postage costs, it’s worth fiddling with your shopping basket removing and adding items, I found adding a regulator bumped the overall cost up by nearly the amount one would have cost locally.

Make sure you don't order 2 of the same item, because that'll confuse them, and their customer service not very good.

Make sure you don't order 2 of the same item, because that'll confuse them, and their customer service not very good.
That's my order stuffed then 🤣. We will see what happens. I've just placed my first order with them. To be fair with my order the postage seemed to come out cheeper than they quote. May be it's reduced with multiple items. I order 5 items.

Under a certain weight limit they can send cheaply using the Universal Postal Union treaty. Above that it'll be a courier service.

That's my order stuffed then 🤣. We will see what happens. I've just placed my first order with them. To be fair with my order the postage seemed to come out cheeper than they quote. May be it's reduced with multiple items. I order 5 items.
Has your order arrived yet? They're quoting 75 days now...!!!

Unsure how others have been ordering off AliExpress, but I have put a bunch of Kegland stuff from the "Official Kegland Store" into my basket and I cannot seem to combine shipping. Instead, it looks to charge me a fixed shipping cost per item, so there is not really a benefit in buying more to save on delivery costs? Other than possibly saving on customs tax. Am I missing something/doing something wrong with my order?

In the AliExpress app there is a combined delivery link that you click. Is this what you mean ? Haven't used the web interface, so not sure if it's the same

IMG_20220106_231629.jpg

I saw a Kegland video once whereby they said that in order to support local retailers, that they disincentivise buying on Ali by making the delivery cost extortionate. For countries without a local retailer, the delivery is cheaper.

I have no issues buying local here in Ireland but our retailers only carry a few items of Kegland stock and no Keg King items at all. Plus the UK has become too expensive with import/delivery costs.

So Ali is our only real option.

Latest posts

Back