All Grain Mashing Course

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've worked in places where this sign is not a joke ...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/58...rowing-numbers-of-Asian-tourists-STAND-on-loo

... and neither is the result of the people who don't follow the instructions!

I too would be interested in a Course from Clibit! :thumb: :thumb:

A course on specific topics (ingredients, mashing, sparging,hop addition, boiling, fermenting, bottling etc) backed by a folder with all the info and actual photos to serve as as an aide memoire covers both aspects of practical doing and info for those who need reinforcement.
I think such a course aimed at those with little or no experience would be very successful.

You are going to be bombarded Mr clibit - and quite rightly so! I would sign up just to shake your hand and have a pint or 6 with you. Good luck!

A course on specific topics (ingredients, mashing, sparging,hop addition, boiling, fermenting, bottling etc) backed by a folder with all the info and actual photos to serve as as an aide memoire covers both aspects of practical doing and info for those who need reinforcement.
I think such a course aimed at those with little or no experience would be very successful.

Do you still have your course notes mate? Are they subject to copyright?!!

I've made a few AG brews recently using a burco boiler, BIAB, recipes from the Greg Hughes book.[/QUOTE]

So I guess I'm interested in this course, to see how someone else more experienced than I brews their beer.

Sparging, sanitising, kegging, boiling, cooling are all areas I think it could be beneficial for me to be shown how to do.

I'm also hoping to find the time to spend a brew day at my local micro brewery.

Do you still have your course notes mate? Are they subject to copyright?!!

MM
I would believe they are, nobody said as much but they have the Brewlab logo all over them. I got both paper and electronic copies however the notes are obviously explained and backed up by examples and discussion during the tutorials. there are over 40 modules plus examples of spreadsheets, recipe buildling etc.
Probably shouldn't but I can send you a couple of them by PM purely for "research and publicity purposes of course" but I don't really want to publish them for all to see or spread them too wide. Let me know.

Has anybody been on the all grain mashing course, run by the home brew shop in Aldershot, and would you recommend it?

http://the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Mashing_Course.html#.VtHi2sei3LR

I've made a few AG brews recently using a burco boiler, BIAB, recipes from the Greg Hughes book.

I've now been on this brewing course.

I'd recommend this course for anyone looking to move on from kits to all grain brewing, or anyone who wants to brew their own beer.

I picked up quite a few tips from Adrian and Martin, the two guys running the course, but will my beer taste better? Time will tell.

They brewed two beers on the day, one of which was in a grain father.

Back