An interesting start to the weekend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Last night at around 2am as i was asleep(half) i heard what thought was rain and i thinking to myself bloody hell that weather didn't last long then , i also heard people shouting and a car pull up . But just as i was thinking i'm gonna shout at them to shut the hell up (i was almost awake now) i heard the dreaded words FIRE FIRE . So i shot up out of bed looked out of the window and 2 doors down there was flames licking up over the top of the roof of my neighbours house . From where i was it looked like there house so i got dressed in around 3 seconds ,shouted to my mrs (who also shot up out of bed by now ) to phone the fire brigade .i ran outside to see better what was what and all i could see was flames and smoke with people banging on my neighbours door to wake them up , now my neighbour (female) has 2 kids so without thinking i ran and grabbed my lump hammer from my van thinking oh **** i'm gonna have to go smash the door in and try and rescue em (my dad was a fire man for 27 years we had basic training in my teens) and in my mind i thought the top back half of the house was totally burning. So far i had been awake and dressed for around 30 to 40 seconds (didn't know i could move that fast ) so when i do get closer to there house i see that it was only the discarded branches that were on there drive and there drive to garden fence (we are detached houses ) and not there house at all , well how happy did i feel then :pray: . so the neighbours just then came out of the house and within 5 mins the fire brigade came and delt with the fire that did burn the fascia and guttering on both houses but that was about it :party: so around 3.30 back to bed and alls well in the pittsy area (as far as i know )

Well done boyo, you did what you thought was the right thing, we need folks like you living next to us... :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back