Anna's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 hours after giving my yeast starter hell for not performing 😈….

Nicely active. Right adding the lot to the lager wort which is at a chilly 6 deg- well I did say the key to a lager is the pitching temperature 🤦‍♀️.
68B8AC2B-F91A-477C-BB1D-F2E0FEC98418.jpeg

@The-Engineer-That-Brews it's a 3 litre flask which is made of really thick glass which tolerates direct heat. It sits quite comfortably on the stir plate and means I can make a full 3 litre starter in one go. ( My mother bought me it for Christmas a couple of years ago 😄 -she thought it was an 'interesting present' !)
An excellent flask and an excellent present! Borosilicate 3 I guess? I really like the wide mouth for easy cleaning and pouring

One of the downsides of having nice beer around is the will power required when dieting. I've finally got my act together to lose a bit of weight and I'm not drinking at all Sunday to Thursday - zip nada totally abstemious... I should feel virtuous 😇 but the Dubbel made recently is annoyingly tasty, and after a day at work the temptation is tough 😣! I will need to package it up in the next few weeks and give it away to my friends as much as possible, either that or hide it somewhere difficult to access in the house!

Perfume tonight is Eau de Trappist … or perhaps Urrghh is more apt🤢. I managed to spill about 2 litres of Dubbel on transfer tonight and then sprayed it neatly targeted into my hair while pressurising an over filled keg with the PRV open. 🤦‍♀️

No amount of Channel is going to hide that. I’ll just hope the OH doesn’t notice till too late in the evening 😇..

#alwayslearning

I've an awful lot on for the next couple of months, I messed up on a packaging issue, the HW course is going to restart and I've a job application to prep for. Soo... I'm going to be away for a bit from the forum, need to get back to basics a bit on the brewing. Will be back in the Autumn sometime with at least an update on the MSc course.

I've an awful lot on for the next couple of months, I messed up on a packaging issue, the HW course is going to restart and I've a job application to prep for. Soo... I'm going to be away for a bit from the forum, need to get back to basics a bit on the brewing. Will be back in the Autumn sometime with at least an update on the MSc course.

Hope all goes well for you 🤞🤞🤞

I've not been brewing for a few months, lots on, and since it's now public I can be open about one of the reasons I've been away and not had time for brewing. I've a new job working with NHS Orkney, and will be moving up there, at least on a part time basis initially, from late January next year. I'm currently looking at whether to rent or buy... and looking at houses that might be able to support a pilot sized brewing kit. There are also six distilleries and three breweries on what is quite a small island, and I'm rather hoping one of them might be willing to accept some volunteer help some time over the weekends! It's all a bit anxious/exciting/crikeywhathaveIdone!

I've not been brewing for a few months, lots on, and since it's now public I can be open about one of the reasons I've been away and not had time for brewing. I've a new job working with NHS Orkney, and will be moving up there, at least on a part time basis initially, from late January next year. I'm currently looking at whether to rent or buy... and looking at houses that might be able to support a pilot sized brewing kit. There are also six distilleries and three breweries on what is quite a small island, and I'm rather hoping one of them might be willing to accept some volunteer help some time over the weekends! It's all a bit anxious/exciting/crikeywhathaveIdone!
Just googled Orkney to find out where it is (we're not well up on forin' parts here in Bath) and it appears to be just south of Johannesburg. Tried again and it's well on the way to Reykjavik.
How can you commute part time to Orkney? Or do they have the Flying Doctor Service up in Bonnie Scotland?
Good luck Anna. It's going to be a cracking adventure. At what stage will there officially be 4 breweries on the island?

Fabulous! That new hospital in Kirkwall pretty amazing (if you’re working out of there).
I have a very soft spot for the Orkney Brewery too.
Lovely islands, lovely people. Hope it’s all what you hope it to be!

Back