Another stuck fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielB

Reaction score
Hi, long time since being here - i hope you are all as well as can be expected...

I have a stuck fermentation for a "carrot whiskey"... I think I have likely overdone the sugar to start off with.

I understand there are a few ways to resolve this, but my question is specifically related to what can I do if the sugar content is indeed too high? Or do I simply have to water it down and add a wine yeast starter...and then build up the sugar content more slowly?

I tried adding more yeast (starters) and when doing so added nutrient to try and give the yeast a boost...but after a couple of days of activity...it stopped again.

Any thoughts?

Please ignore me!

I did it again!! It simply fermented out far quicker than I imagined!! it hadn't stalled...it had finished!!

Glad to hear that it was ok, although the thought of carrot whisky is giving me some nasty flashbacks! My parents made some when I was a kid and as I recall it was absolutely foul stuff that no one could drink. Hopefully yours is better. :laugh8:

Please ignore me!

I did it again!! It simply fermented out far quicker than I imagined!! it hadn't stalled...it had finished!!
You're not alone....same thing has happened to me on a couple of occasions. I made some Carrot & Wheat 'whiskey' and the recommendation was to leave it 2 years. I couldn't resist, and tried it last year after about 18 months. I think I have just about shaken the hangover off now :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back