any body using one of these sim cards yet ?????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got one a year or so back, but then those nice people at voda decided to offer me a good deal so never used

offer looks awesome if your happy with your handset or buying one outright

I know a few folk who have giffgaff, they love it and hsve done their utmost to convert me, but I have a really good deal on O2 so staying where I am :)

Wow that looks like a good deal if you already have the phone, shame I just got another 2 year contract or I would have had one of those, o2 have never offered me anything near to that, even though I have been with them over 12 years

I know the feeling Dan ....Ive been with O2 since they were Cellnet ,about 15 years , for various reasons....and they dont offer me **** ! It used to be that you phoned up your company and said "Right ! Contracts up ! Offer me a better deal or I go elsewhere !"....and they did . Try that now and you get "Really ? Yawn. Off you go then" .

I have been with just about all the service providers with different phones for jobs though kept my personal one the same O2 deal , but recently I have really started to wonder . I got a GiffGaff card last year but promptly lost it so never got to try it . Just what is the angle ? I know its a sim only thing but other than that ?

the missus is on giffgaff. It works perfectly and she uses it to run her iphone 3gs after her o2 contract expired. would heartily recommend it.

Im on Giffgaff with 250 mins, unlimited UK texts and unlimited internet for my phone. Mrs grumpy has the same, I also have a data account for an Ipad.

We use the £10 deals and a £7 deal for the Ipad we are happy with it, was with O2 for years but this is better and still with the O2 signal.

Could not be better. Internet on the Ipad with 3G is quicker at home than the home internet 90% of the time.

I would also recommend it.

Ah damn, bad timing for me, so do you top up or is it.monthly? Also.I.assume you would need the phone unlocked to.all neyworks?

I found that most phones could be unlocked with a code from an online service for under £20 . My HTC E650 was £11.50 for a full unlock . A bit of searching on the old Google does the trick .

The giffgaff website has a detailed guide to unlocking which is really helpful. As they use the o2 network and the missus was previously on o2, there was no need for her to unlock which helped.

Latest posts

Back