anyone got Instructions for wilko golden ipa?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cold crash will help the hops and yeast to drop into the grub at the bottom of the FV. As long as you're careful with moving it for bottling purposes and you don't try to get every last drop out, you should have pretty clear beer. How are you going to bottle?

My fv has a tap on it about a inch off the bottom, i was looking to just tap off from that with a little bottler

That'll do the job nicely, I do the same. Sanitise and prime your bottles beforehand and pull up a stool. The first one might be a bit murky as it'll draw in some of the trub - put that to one side and carry on. The rest should be pretty clear. When they're all done, put the tops on nice and tight and leave them somewhere warm (around 20C) for a couple of weeks. After that, they should be nicely carbed and you can move them somewhere cool to condition for another couple of weeks. That'll clear them and consolidate the yeast at the bottom. Then it's time to drink (although they should continue to improve over time).

Ok thanks mate so will i end up with any scum in the bottom of my bottles ?

You'll get a bit but hopefully, after a couple of weeks in the cold, it'll stick to the bottom pretty well. It's the result of the priming sugar carbing the beer that's all.

Hi mate just put the brew in the shed tonight for the cold crash i did another hydro and looked like it had dropped a little more had a quick taste i know its early days but tasted naff haha hopefully gets better with age

Ok mate 👍 just a question on bottle washing how do you go about it i have the no rinse san stuff but when ive cleaned stuff with that before i get white on the bottles when it drys which cant be good for the beer... do the bottle need contact with the soultion for a good bit or is a quick dunk ok

Ok mate 👍 just a question on bottle washing how do you go about it i have the no rinse san stuff but when ive cleaned stuff with that before i get white on the bottles when it drys which cant be good for the beer... do the bottle need contact with the soultion for a good bit or is a quick dunk ok
Can't help on that one, I'm afraid - I always rinse.

Yeah mate ive now bought some rinse i dont like idea of thay no rinse ****

I put my glass bottles through the dishwasher then Starsan them and never had a problem.

20210130_134929.jpg

Gonna start bottleing how many carb drops would you suggest for this brew ?

use starsan or similar then rinse with hot water from your tap (heat plus chlorine).

Latest posts

Back