anyone know about green hops(first gold)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
hi folks just starting a brew, mash on now i am going to be using green(fresh)first gold anyone done a brew with them before or knowledgable about using "green "hops,just wondering about hop additions i want it to be a single hop was gonna go with the following
100g@60
50g@15
50g@flameout
50g dry hop

anyone any opinions on this cheers lagerlad

I've got my first brew using wild hops on as we speak.

From what I've read, the weight of fresh hops is roughly 5X that of dried due to the water content. Meaning that to get the same AA, you'd need 5X the amount. as a very rough rule of thumb.

As the hops I've got are wild, I've no idea what they are or how "acidy" they are. So I'm sticking in all 750g. Which will hopefully end up with a nicely hoppy ale.

Good luck.

cheers mate i am sticking to 250g i think as they are the most pungent hops i have ever had,trial and error....would have to be really bad for me not to drink it haha

just had a taste of this from the hydrometer sample....bloody awful,really hope it improves,will keep everyone updated as i don't think too many of us have used the fresh hops so a learning curve ahead cheers lagerlad

Sorry to hear it didn't taste nice.

I tried a bit of my wort and it was flipping lovely.

Although the hops were a complete pain in the **** to get rid of.

Latest posts

Back