Huell Melon and Mandarina Bavaria Pale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am thinking of brewing a Pale Ale with the above hops as very late boil whirlpool and/or dry hop, i have 200g huell melon and 100g mandarina, just wondered if anyone had brewed anything similar and in what quantities? I'm going to use a bit of challenger to bitter.

Cheers!

Not used them myself, but based on my experience of commercial beers - be generous with them!

Melon is meant to be close to the taste threshold for 2MIB, so may suit the whirlpool plus a lager yeast to dry and draw out the apricot character.

Thank you!

I should have mentioned this is for 20l (ish) and I hadn't thought of what yeast to use.....was probably going to go for 05 but I could do a lager yeast.

I have used both over the years and they are not very flavoursome re IPA's but with a load may be ok in a pale.
Lets us know the outcome as 300g should throw some flavour one would think

I've never brewed with Mandarina or Huell but from beers I have drunk I feel they are likely at their best in lagers. Paricularly Mandarina which I have sampled more often. Less sure about Huell.

Latest posts

Back