Anything I need to know about the king keg top tap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieran90

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking at getting a King keg top tap pin valve barrel. Just basically want to know if any of you guys have one and would rate it?

Is there anything I should know? Are there any parts that will need replacing or maybe upgraded such as better seals etc?

Also I noticed they do a s30 valve barrel? This might be a really stupid question but whats the difference?

Thanks for your help as always!

Kieran :cheers:

Hi
I can only look on in jealousy :sulk: I'm a PB man, KK is a better quality barrel IMO top tap is handy as you don't pick sediment up easily, as for the cap I'd go s30 which I use. I find it more controllable and cheaper in the long run.
Oh and the difference is s30 takes a hambleton Baird cylinder similar to a sodastream machine and the pin type is a small sparkler cylinder you find in soda syphons.
Hope this helps.

Rob.

Hi
I can only look on in jealousy :sulk: I'm a PB man, KK is a better quality barrel IMO top tap is handy as you don't pick sediment up easily, as for the cap I'd go s30 which I use. I find it more controllable and cheaper in the long run.
Oh and the difference is s30 takes a hambleton Baird cylinder similar to a sodastream machine and the pin type is a small sparkler cylinder you find in soda syphons.
Hope this helps.

Rob.

haha thanks mate

Back