apple and blackberry wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just started apple and blackberry wine, consisting of 4 One litre cartons of asda's juice, half a bag of sugar, pectolase, tannin and yeast, started it on saturday, fermenting like mad in the FV bin, but smells bloody lovely!!, will do until the real stuff is in bloom!
Anyone else made wine with this juice?

Not quite the same, but I have just started an apple and blackberry wine from two 500ml bottles of organic cordial from the local greengrocers. I added white sugar to bring the og up to 1080, fermenting away within 30 minutes of adding the dry yeast.

forgot about this thread, just to add that i bottled it, stood at 12%, nice rose colour to it, it did taste quite nice..but will leave in bottle for a couple of months, and post when i have tried a bottle...or 2??

Nice one falafael. That'll just about coincide with my move to Newark. Maybe I should review it for you :grin:

falafael said:
forgot about this thread, just to add that i bottled it, stood at 12%, nice rose colour to it, it did taste quite nice..but will leave in bottle for a couple of months, and post when i have tried a bottle...or 2??

Sounds a good wine.

I have a question though....is that not too early to bottle? Will there not be more yeast dropping out of suspension?

Sorry to ask i'm new to this and have 8 demijohns that are at this stage.....been racking a lot but not sure what to do.

Cheers

just seen you replied chris!!, my rule is that as soon as its done fermenting, and it's clear, then into the bottle it goes, that way its ageing in the bottle, not long ming..lol, and the other is so the demijohns are out of the wife's way!!
Never had a problem yet!!
:cheers:

ChrisG said:
falafael said:

Sounds a good wine.

I have a question though....is that not too early to bottle? Will there not be more yeast dropping out of suspension?

Sorry to ask i'm new to this and have 8 demijohns that are at this stage.....been racking a lot but not sure what to do.

Cheers

See I thought that was the case as well but I just lost 12 bottles of clear wine to popped corkes, degassed too. Think the temp rose under the stair and started the yeasties going again.

Back