Apple and Mango turbo cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgie61

Reaction score
Hi I've fermented 4.5 litres of apple and mango cider using Tesco a&m juice. It seems the mango juice has become thick on the surface of the cider. Should I have used pectolase when fermenting? I usually use the same juice when to carbonate after racking off Into another demi-john. Should I use pectolase then? Thanks hope this question makes sense ☺️

Pectolase is normally added at the start. Leave it fermenting for at least two to three weeks and then rack off into another demijohn. Use a mesh bag over the siphon inlet if necessary. Try and use clear juices unless you want a cloudy cider.

Just leave it mate, mango makes a heavy krausen, same when I ferment tropical juice from lidl, I reckon when to carbonate rack and then do batch sugar rather than the juice before bottling, it will give you a clearer drink.

Just doing a Lidl apple an mango juice WOW now. Heavy Krausen in progress, but very slow brewing.

I did something like this recently using Apple and Mango and CML cider yeast.

Didn't add pectolase.

The end result is very meh.

I hope yours comes out better.

I've not added pectolase either, I'm trying to be as minimalist as poss. Hoping for better than "meh". ;-)

Just doing a Lidl apple an mango juice WOW now. Heavy Krausen in progress, but very slow brewing.

Strange this is. I've done loads of TCs in the past but the one I put on Sunday with Lidl AJ is sat doing not a lot. The krausen is formed at the top of the JD but no activity. I'll leave it for a couple of days and see what's going on.

I checked on it earlier and it's come to life although not as much activity as usual.

Mine restarted when I chucked in some extra yeast, (Young's super.) Just about finished now.

Back