Athlone Knacker

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
I brewed this on Friday, the brewday went great until i tried to sterilise the GPHE (first time using it) and it started to leak :evil: I took it apart and found the problem (human error :oops: ) and got it fixed. An added bonus was the kitchen floor was sterilised :lol: I cooled 50L of wort in 10 mins and that was throttled back :D i reckon i could do it in almost half that! I did think there would be more cold break in the boiler but there wasn't much more than usual.

50L
9 Kg Maris Otter
700 G Crystal
245 G Wheat

50 G First Gold 6.2% 60 mins
10 G Centennial 6.2% 60 mins
70G EKG 5.7% 30 MINS
50 G Saaz 2.8% 10 mins

50 G Cascade added after the boil for 30 mins

1 fermenter pitched with US-05
1 fermenter pitched with Nottingham

I brewed this on Friday, the brewday went great until i tried to sterilise the GPHE (first time using it) and it started to leak
:(
I took it apart and found the problem (human error ) and got it fixed
:party:
I cooled 50L of wort in 10 mins and that was throttled back i reckon i could do it in almost half that! I did think there would be more cold break in the boiler but there wasn't much more than usual.
:party: :cool: ....were you recircing through the boiler prior to taking of to the fv?

This was bottled yesterday and dropped clear in the bottle today :shock: Who said US-O5 doesn't clear. I never tasted it when bottling so i opened a bottle to see :roll: and this one is very promising indeed :D I have another 50 bottles to fill tomorrow, the fact that it's so tasty should make it easier :)

Latest posts

Back