bangers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark1964

Landlord.
Reaction score
where do you buy your sausages and which ones are the best you have ever tasted. For me when i was 16 i worked in a butchers who made their own beef sausages and to this day ive never tasted a banger the same quality.

Debbie & Andrews are very very good. 97% meat generally and avalible from the supermarket :thumb:

We have to have gluten-free. Local market used to have a butcher who had a few types that were, and all very good, but he's gone.
The Black Farmer ones are good but nothing special, really. Ditto the Debbie+Andrew's.
Sainsers do a few GF sossies but the skins are a bit weird, last time we had some anyway.
Lidl do some nice bit-longer-than-cocktail size German ones that are good.
But, for top GF sossies, online: Sallyssizzlers.co.uk

I'm gutted that our sausage supplier is closing down. The wonderful Foxbury Farm. :( :( :(

However, I'm delighted that the village we're moving to has the award winning Patrick Strainge to fill the gap. They do a SERIOUSLY good banger. :party: :party: :party:

Best bangers i've ever had were from a butcher stall in Chelmsford market, Venison and Abbot ale :cheers:

eggman said:
Best bangers i've ever had were from a butcher stall in Chelmsford market, Venison and Abbot ale :cheers:

Ohh, not tried those before. I know what I am doing Saturday morning now. :thumb:

joey1002 said:
Ohh, not tried those before. I know what I am doing Saturday morning now. :thumb:

It wasn't the multi storey market in case you go there, it was a stall in the high street near Macky D's :thumb:
They used to have a great range but venison bangers were my favourite, be warned though they're a little dear :oops: i'll get my coat :grin:

eggman said:
venison bangers were my favourite, be warned though they're a little dear :oops: i'll get my coat :grin:
Oh that was bad, I'll fetch that coat for you.

We've got at least 3 proper butchers locally who make top notch bangers.

Between granary bread (toasted on one side), with HP sauce and maybe some caramelised onions or fried mushrooms, is there any finer food in the world?

My local butcher does great meat but i find his sausages lacking. They are only 60% meat which may be the problem i have as I like as close to 100% as you can get. It is essential to have some rusk in there though to soak up the fat from the meat and improve flavour.

We've just found a guy who has a small holding and rears cattle, sheep, and pigs. The meat is out of this world, the last we had was Glos Old Spot. He has his bangers made for him but the taste....mmmmmm :thumb:

I get mine from either my mate who has his own sausage shop in Beckenham http://www.englishsausages.com/ or from my local butchers in London which is owned by a famous fat tongued cockerney chef. The sausages are a little more expensive but fook me they are awesome and the boys in there know what they are talking about too.

I cant buy any **** from supermarkets, i'm a bit of a sausage snob! :cheers:

eggman said:
joey1002 said:

It wasn't the multi storey market in case you go there, it was a stall in the high street near Macky D's :thumb:
They used to have a great range but venison bangers were my favourite, be warned though they're a little dear :oops: i'll get my coat :grin:

That is bad but it made me chuckle. I thought that would be the market you are referring to rather than the one in the multi storey.

I"ll send SWMBO into Debenhams so I don't get told off for buying too many :thumb:

Moley said:
Oh that was bad, I'll fetch that coat for you.

:oops:

joey1002 said:
That is bad but it made me chuckle. I thought that would be the market you are referring to rather than the one in the multi storey.

I"ll send SWMBO into Debenhams so I don't get told off for buying too many :thumb:

:thumb: They had some good chilli ones too

We have a great local butcher for sausages, and a local farm sells meat direct and do a great range. :thumb:

Back