Bank Holiday Weekend Nearly Here....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
And for once it looks like the weather is going to play ball.

Off to the Gower Peninsula tomorrow with the caravan for the week, can't wait to hit the beach and do some body boarding with the kids, then beers & BBQ.

Hope you all have a great weekend and/or half term if you have kids. Feel free to share your plans with us.

Cheers!

I am off and having seen the state of the traffic here i am glad i am, one place i will not be going this weekend is into the lakes it will be heaving.

I am off and having seen the state of the traffic here i am glad i am, one place i will not be going this weekend is into the lakes it will be heaving.
I believe all main roads to the main holiday spots are extremely busy today.

I am working all weekend and Monday, which is typical when the sun comes out.

My plans fro the weekend involve a Landlord clone on the beer engine, A black saison and session IPA in the kegerator and a 5L Mini-keg with the remainder of an American IPA in it. Plus I've a few "Special" beers that I bought for Christmas that I've waited to share with guests that may get opened.

I'm making a Bohemian Pilsner on Monday.

Attachments

• Plaatos.png
    Plaatos.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
Need to wangle a brew day in albeit next of the list is a camden pale homage that I have not started on the starter yet. May try a light lager for non ale lovers with maize and the MJ California Lager M54 which I have not used before but understand to be very forgiving.

In other news, picked up 5kg of chicken thighs yesterday, a brisket, few slabs of baby back ribs and a Picanha so plenty of low and slow going on.

Visiting in-laws tomorrow, then a day to pack for a few days in Wales with the caravan. Graz tells me the roads will be all mine 🚜🚜🚜
I'll be leaving two brews to sort themselves out for a week. I'm a bit concerned for the Black sheep tribute already, its burst its breeches twice in the last 12 hours!

I have an ESB to cold crash and fill my first corny keg.
Then mow the lawn, plant some beans, pressure wash the extension roof and repoint the ridge.
After that I'll chill with my feet up in the garden with a few cold.ones !

And for once it looks like the weather is going to play ball.

Off to the Gower Peninsula tomorrow with the caravan for the week, can't wait to hit the beach and do some body boarding with the kids, then beers & BBQ.

Hope you all have a great weekend and/or half term if you have kids. Feel free to share your plans with us.

Cheers!
I already live on the peninsula and will be going in the opposite direction due to all the caravans arriving from worcester :laugh8: - you are more than welcome to pick up a few brews on your way.

Hoping to cycle at least to kidwelly on sunday. long term aim is ferryside.

TIP: if traveling thru gowerton traffic could be backed up to Days Motorpark in garncoch (usually is during warmer months on saturdays esp. bank holiday ones ). If you come off at J47 and follow the signs to gowerton to avoid the low bridge (you go via fforestfach) there'll be less traffic that way.

Last edited:
I already live on the peninsula and will be going in the opposite direction due to all the caravans arriving from worcester :laugh8: - you are more than welcome to pick up a few brews on your way.

Hoping to cycle at least to kidwelly on sunday. long term aim is ferryside.

TIP: if traveling thru gowerton traffic could be backed up to Days Motorpark in garncoch (usually is during warmer months on saturdays esp. bank holiday ones ). If you come off at J47 and follow the signs to gowerton to avoid the low bridge (you go via fforestfach) there'll be less traffic that way.
Thanks for the tip and offer, unfortunately a bit late to collect any brews as I've only seen this today 👍 Was a cracking week to be on the Gower, double whammy on the BH weekend of sunshine and excellent surf.

We do normally go through Gowerton as we usually come cross country on the Heads of the Valleys road and the site we stay on is not far from Llangennith on the north side of the peninsula. Never really ever got held up much but then we don't tend to go to Gower in the height of summer.

I've always thought it would be a nice place to retire to as I love it there so much, I'd imagine it's quite a nice place to live though I guess the constant stream of grockles blocking up the roads in the summer months might get a bit tiresome.

Anyway, back to work now, got to wait until August now for 2 weeks in Pembrokeshire.

Latest posts

Back