Barnsley man !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demijohn bubbling away like a good one!
Topping up with cooled boiled water tomorrow.
I have 2 empty demijohn's !
Cider or Wine ?

Andy

andycon67 said:
Demijohn bubbling away like a good one!
Cider or Wine ?
I always go for the one that I haven't tried before or is most different, so cider, or a different wine.

Btw I saw a post here by some one having problems with a wilko wine kit - he had followed the instructions, bottled after 3 days and it was over sweet. Most kit instructions don't give enough time. I've not done wine myself so I'm not talking from personal experience here.

Well it all was going well untill i topped it up last night, I did not now water took so long to cool down!

Anyway topped up to 4.5L ish and was looking good as i went to bed.

Not so good this morning, the volcano erupted it has gone up the wall and made a mess but it did smell nice.

Cleaned it up and today will be finding so sort of tray to fit under and fettleing the little red cap on the air lock so if it happenes again it should go down the bottle and not spray the walls.

Maybe cut the bottom of a 25L container to make a tray?

Andy

andycon67 said:
My wilco kit and my grape juice !

Oh well did try to send photo :(

Andy
Sorry to hear it didn't turn out. Thomas Edison failed a few thousand times before making a light bulb that was cheap and long lasting. Consider how to do it differently, (maybe post in the wine section), then grab another wine kit and have another go.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back