Barolo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enough D/j's to rack into those if that would be better than bottling straight from the f/v?

Probablt doesn't make too much difference as these kits are designed for early maturing in bottles anyway. I use a 20 litre polypin to store the wine, drawing off a glass or bottle without risk of air contamination. When I need it to store another brew, that's when I start bottling.

I popped into my lhbs this morning, she can get Vintners reserve kits but her wholesale list didn't have the Barolo! :roll: She thinks that the website listed previously must import from the US themselves? Anyway, she's going to call the wholesales Monday.
If she can't get it I'll order online.
She also thought the Beaverdale kits are 100% varietal.
She also gave me the name of another brand thats about 90quid! :shock: Apparently you get grape skins in the kit?! Must be nice but definately not for a beginer.

muddy90 said:
I popped into my lhbs this morning, she can get Vintners reserve kits but her wholesale list didn't have the Barolo! :roll: She thinks that the website listed previously must import from the US themselves? Anyway, she's going to call the wholesales Monday.
If she can't get it I'll order online.
She also thought the Beaverdale kits are 100% varietal.
She also gave me the name of another brand thats about 90quid! :shock: Apparently you get grape skins in the kit?! Must be nice but definately not for a beginer.

Hello from canada

I make my wines from kits and i only use kits with 15 plus liters of juice

Have made and am making amarone, barolo, aust shiraz, malbec, pinot noir, pino grogio. All great when aged and lots less expensive for sure

And many country wines. it is a great hobby

My lhbs has just phoned me with some interesting info...
The importer stopped importing the Barolo Vintners Reserve last year :shock: Not a good seller apparently. So the webite listed above might have old stock. & according to the importer didn't seem to think it was 100% varietal grap juice :eek:
They do the next kit up by the same manufacturer by special order which would be @60 quid. (still only £2/bottle) but delivery wouldn't be till Jan because it would come in the container with the rest.
So... my options, buy the old stock vintners res, get a beaverdale or something else (which is going to be similar quality to the vint res), or wait & get a better one.
Going for a troll around t'internet now :grin:

Muddy90

Kenridge do a Classic Barolo which you can get from BrewUK in Salisbury for about £47. I've not tried the Barolo but I have tried some of the other Kenridge kits and I think they are really good.

Regards
Rob

Very heavy pack, so expect about £6 p&p if bought online. My lhbs seems to be supplied by Youngs. retail £50, plus cost of petrol to pick it up, in my case £1.40 or free if I use my bus pass, but it does weigh 12 kg!

Cheers Rob. Dorset homebrew in Wimborne can get Kenridge but have the Beaverdale in. Still undecided.
Only a few miles away so saves a long drive or delivery.
I'm going to stick a beer on while I decide. :cheers:

Back