Beer cooler/ Glasses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steam brew

Reaction score
I have been offered a second hand beer cooler make Cornelius Maxi 210 does any member have any information weather they are any good , I have 2 hand beer pumps for beer and one for cider would this cooler be any good for my set up ,
Re best type of glass to use for beer /etc I have just been given 96 new pint glasses from a local pub as they will not use them as there are No Swirls in the bottom does any one have any information on this :cheers:
Have just come back from my orchard after making 30 Gls of Kingston Black cider high in sugar :party: :party:

Maxi coolers are V good for chilling beer, i use one in the summer months..

they come in 2 general flavours, those with agitation motors and those with recirculation pumps or python pumps.

if fitted with a python pump there will be 2 bent SS tubes separate from the in and out entries for the product coils.

If present its got a recirc pump, and its CRUCIAL you loop these together before turning on the box, otherwise it will start pumping out a jet of water from the exit recirc tube as soon as u flip the switch and someone stands the chance of getting soaked.

also before turning on, fill it up. there is a overspil pipe probably plugged on the back unplug that and pour water in the hole in the top till it flows out the overspil u have unplugged. when done running out plug back up ( if no plug improvise, as water freezes it expands and u want to keep it all in there)

When Full AND any recirc lines are looped Then u can turn it on :)

my chiller is fitted with a recirc pump so i used its return loop to check the waterbath temp..with a nice big dial thermometer so i can turn it off when it hits zero C.. unlike a bar which runs a chiller 24/7 to deal with rush hour traffic, im pouring a few pints for myself and the waterbath is insulated and will hold its chill to the extent if run the following day it takes 10mins less to chill down to 0C again.. so a quick 30-40 min riun of an evening is ample to supply me on a warm summers evening ;) very eccomomical :)

10005229963_d627aed616.jpg

If you have one with the recirculation pump then you can use it to pump chilled water through a coiled copper pipe which you can suspend in your fermenting wort. Connect this to and STC 1000 and you can crash cool your wort or use it to control fermentation temps in summer. :thumb:

Thats what I use mine for :thumb:

Many thanks for information I like the look of what I can do with it my beer engines all have water jackets for £65 it looks good :cheers:
Have just returned from my orchard after making 20 Gls of fair maid of Devon cider thanks again :cheers:

The cooler works well, the water jackets on the beer engine keeps the head cool , should I make the beer pipes into a python or would this make it to cold :cheers:
We only have about 10cwt of apples to go we have made 650 gls so far we hope to get another 100 gls so a good year :party:

Back