Beer Fridge Probs??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamlead

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a beer fridge - the type normally in pubs with the glass front door. I got it from local club i used to go to and brought it here - club said it never worked properly - as they had it professionally fitted etc. Once i got it home i turned the thermo control on the back to max and off it went - no probs at all. Untill now!
It seems i have an electrical/water/ compressor problem with it - water has somehow got into the electrics on the compressor side which holds some sort of relay looking thing and seems to have charred the wiring? i fixed it once before and resealed it all but seems something has happened again - i think the compressor pump inside may have overheated and jammed?
ANyone any experience of these things?
Just waiting for it to cool down so i can smack it one with a mallet to see if it frees up and works again - otherwise its down the road me thinks to the local turkish fixit an bodge it fridge repair shop to see if i need a new compressor?

Bogged off as i just put my beer in it to condition!!

UPdate - took it to local repair gaff, had the relays replaced - worked ok - took it home - left for an hour to settle - plugged it in - dropped 5 c in 5 mins - then blew up! New compressor needed ! 170tl - 67 quid! GRRRRR :wha:

Picking up a fridge freezer next week - new hop storage and conditioning fridge! :cheers:

I'm guessing it is even more essential in Turkey?
What are the average temps there?

AV Temp - red hot! lol its 29c plus today. Last year we hit 50c and we are in the sticks on the coast and in the towns it gets a lot hotter. Stays like that from May to October really - no rain at all, but Nov through March we get a massive amount or rain and storms usually. But i get the old fridge freezer so i'm told by SWMBO! But had a sneaky measure and my secondary fermenters will fit for conditioning and lagering so no probs really.

Back