Beer Kit Recomendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carly93

Reaction score
Hi, at home me and my dad have only ever brewed wine, although he's pestering after brewing some beer. As his birthday is coming up i thought i'd buy him a kit. Can anyone recommend a decent beginners brewing kit that isn't too expensive. We have standard wine brewing equipment, would i need to buy anymore equipment or will we be able to use a kit with the equipment we have?

Many thanks
:)

the brewferm kits come in sizes 9L to 15L so it could be done in demi johns. there are a few reviews in on this forum. have a look to see what takes your fancy

if you have a 23L bucket, any of the coopers, better brew or woodefordes kits are all great. just choose the one you're most likely to drink, they're all good quality :thumb:

yes buy yourself a 23 litre plastic fermenting vessel ( useful for wine making too ) then treat your dad to his favorite beer, theres bound to be a kit of that type.
He will love the taste more, if you get a 2 can kit as opposed to the 1 can kits they are far better quality and no brewing sugar needed.

Happy birfday dad

Oooo, thanks for your super quick replies, we have a couple of the big 5 gallon buckets, so will they be suitable?
Thanks again :D

I would go with a 2 can kit if you can find a style of beer your dad likes. All this means is there is less to add and easier for you guys

Latest posts

Back