Beer line cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_rawdin

Regular.
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts on the Internet about what people use to clean their beer lines from official line cleaner to bleach. What is the best thing to use that is reasonably cheap, is there anything you can use that you might already have lying around the house?

Dish washer tabs/powder. You can also use pure washing soda its not as aggressive as the caustic soda in commercial beer line cleaners. Don't use bleach on metals like aluminium.

That's great I'll check that out, always got dishwasher tablets in the house. I also have a tub of that oxyclean stain remover stuff from wilko, would that do the trick?

That's great I'll check that out, always got dishwasher tablets in the house. I also have a tub of that oxyclean stain remover stuff from wilko, would that do the trick?

I would think so. I dont have any beer lines to clean but I use 70% sodium percarbonate (the active ingredient in oxycleans) to clean stuff and use it to clean my syphon tubing with

Back