"Beer Masters" Amazon Prime videos

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the first two episodes last night. Some "interesting" beers being brewed. If you didn't already know how to brew it wouldn't have been very educational, their coverage of brewing and conditioning was very superficial. It was more entertaining for me than all those baking, singing, dancing programmes, but I wouldn't be upset if I forget to watch more episodes.

I watched the first two episodes last night. Some "interesting" beers being brewed. If you didn't already know how to brew it wouldn't have been very educational, their coverage of brewing and conditioning was very superficial. It was more entertaining for me than all those baking, singing, dancing programmes, but I wouldn't be upset if I forget to watch more episodes.
Thought it would be. They thought beer was made over night. If I remember correctly you brewed all beers in a week and then went to the studio 5-6 weeks later to film the tasting. Not a great amount of time to condition some beers and too long for others.

Normally with these kind of shows the producers are not interested in how good or knowledgeable you are but how you will react on TV, take The Apprentice for example, I am sure they could have selected better potential 'Captains of Industry' but were looking for people who brag how good they are, cry, slag off the others, fall out, make up etc.

Thought it was pretty good when I saw the first 2 last week.. Bit of a glimpse into what kit each team was using and the process and where they were brewing

Appears to be unavailable for now believe they may be launching tomorrow with the other episodes I'd definitely watch the rest

Apparently they have blocked all members of this forum. They don't want people taking the **** out of their show. Think I still got one producers number as he whatsapp me a few times when setting up the interviews etc

Mmm not sure about this. The fact that it starts out with James Blunt telling them they are the best of the best was a little off putting. It seems to be based on a documentary called “Kings of Beer” which is also on prime.

Watched the first episode this morning, I'd say it is just about 'ok' as some guilt-free TV if you forget about any of the stuff that may have gone on during the production.

A couple of things that surprised me (without trying to give anything away for those that haven't watched yet) was how few of the teams got anywhere near the brief (although the producers edict about having to use a local ingredient did somewhat tie one hand behind their backs) and some of the pretty big mistakes they made in the process.

I've just started watching this and am enjoying it , however like most current programs and commercials it is a exercise in box ticking, with the people they choose which is a shame as I would far rather watch people who got there on merit alone.
I do find it interesting from my novice brewer point of view.

Mark

Just watched the first episode whilst doing a zwift session. To be honest it wasn't that bad if you can get past blunt.

Didn't see much of their brewing area - something that the producers seemed keen on, and they all seemed to have similar kit.

Didn't see much of their brewing area - something that the producers seemed keen on, and they all seemed to have similar kit.
Looked like they were mainly using Guten-type all in ones although I’m sure I saw a Grainfather in the Dorset brewshed.

Latest posts

Back