Beer Recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Hog

Reaction score
I have now completed my first youngs larger brew wich was good :drink: & now on the second youngs larger one on fermentation stage.

I really want to have a go at beer now, so can you gentlemen recommend a good quality beer kit.

The woodfordes range is good I have made the wherry and really cant fault it plus its quite cheap in Wilkos (£14.99) bear in mind you dont need no sugar/enhancer so its a good buy in my view

Yes there is a difference in price, but when you concider the size of Wilkinsons and the profit they make, they can afford to bulk buy. Where as a small home brew shop cant. But with the home brew shop you can get all the help and advice you need. We have a Wilkinsons about 5 minutes walk away from where we live but i dont use them, instead i prefere to drive 75 mile each way to get my supplys from Matchless and the service both Ian and Anne provide is second to none.

Right know i will get off my high horse.

If I were you, I'd give Ian and Anne from Matchless a call and ask about their very own 'Matchless Premium Kits'. I saw some at the Matchfest and would like to try them myself. They have them specially made for them, and apparently they are of equal quality or better than any of the premium kits on the market. IIRC they are about the same price as their Wherry. :thumb:

davesiv said:
Yes there is a difference in price, but when you concider the size of Wilkinsons and the profit they make, they can afford to bulk buy. Where as a small home brew shop cant. But with the home brew shop you can get all the help and advice you need. We have a Wilkinsons about 5 minutes walk away from where we live but i dont use them, instead i prefere to drive 75 mile each way to get my supplys from Matchless and the service both Ian and Anne provide is second to none.

Right know i will get off my high horse.

I too never use wilkos,just making an observation that's all.Use any supplier you wish,I won't be offended.

And I wasn't having a go at you either.Sorry you took it that way.

Back