What next

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, nearly forgot, don't want to hijack pedro's thread which was about San Miguel and Estrella Damn.

I don't think we're going to find clones of either, so, maybe you have a comment about these suggestions pedro? Maybe someone can suggest another recipe instead of SM/ED?

I’m a little fresh at this yet but must admit first brew tastes unreal and second brew has now been kegged and smells amazing.
I’ve definitely caught the bug again, thanks everyone for your advice it’s much appreciated.

Glad to hear it pedro. I bottled my first brew last Friday. Has another week to condition, then a bit longer to mature. I'll try one at Christmas but it will still be a bit young. However. I tried a sniffer at bottling time, and you know what? It actually tasted like beer. Old beer, the kind in the bottom of the glass the next day, but it did taste and smell like beer, which was a relief because the malt did not smell that good. I'm looking forward to trying it. Mine is Brigadier, the clone of Bombardier. I've been looking for Bombardier in the shops so I can try it side by side with mine, and I can't! Have to keep looking.

The nearest I get to doing a lager is using a cali common yeast (i've not used true lager yeasts as they need low temps)
with extra light dried malt extract
and tettnang or saaz hops boil to do a hop boil.
don't boil the extract it doesn't need boiling and will darken the beer.
you get a pale beer lagerish beer that will pour clear when left in the bottle for 5-6 weeks.

doesn't take much longer than doing a kit.
Stirring 3kg of DME or so is a pain in the arm though.
This is good advice and a good method.

But you can use some lager yeasts at ale temperatures very successfully. W34/70 is often used like this now. I used Hell recently at room temp and the beer is good. It did drop to 14 for a while, cold snap! But started higher.

https://brulosophy.com/2016/02/08/f...ager-yeast-saflager-3470-exbeeriment-results/

Latest posts

Back