Belgian Pale (copper red!) ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkar

Reaction score
I was hoping to do this to replicate a belgian ale , It looks more complex than it is i have included aropmatic and biscuit malt because actually i will be using abbey malt (not on the recipe maker) which from what i gather is a mix of these 2 , so i am going to use 1/2 kg each which transalates to 1kg of abbey. I also have caramunich 2 which maybe add to more color than caramunich as also this wasnt on the beer calculator

I was hoping to add cascade at the end or 10m,in do you thin it would take away or add anything to it.
How woudl all the malts work i think it true to style malty and sweet with biscuit aromas

Brewer: - Email: -
Beer: - Style: Belgian Pale Ale
Type: All grain Size: 40 liters
Color: 27 HCU (~14 SRM)
Bitterness: 26 IBU
OG: 1.057 FG: 1.010
Alcohol: 6.1% v/v (4.8% w/w)
Grain: 4kg 500g British pale
3kg British Pilsner
600g Belgian CaraMunich
200g Belgian Special B
500g Belgian aromatic
500g Belgian biscuit
500g Flaked wheat
Mash: 75% efficiency
Boil: minutes SG 1.051 45 liters
150g Belgian candi sugar
Hops: 25g Nugget (12% AA, 60 min.)
25g Hallertauer Hersbrucker (5% AA, 30 min.)
20g Styrian Goldings (5.5% AA, 10 min.)
5g Cascade (7.7% AA, 10 min.)

A Belgian ale that's under 9%? Surely some mistake :lol: :lol:

- that's not a dig at your recipe by the way!! Last time I remember Belgian beers being discussed on here I recall a few people pointing out that they really struggled to find beers in pubs in Belgium that were under 9% :lol:

I think the combo of special B and carmunich could be quite cloying. I used caramunich in a Oktoberfest and found it really noticeable, just depends how much sweetness you want in the finished beer. I think the 10 min Goldings and Cascade would not be in keeping with a Belgian style, not to say it won't be good, La Chouffre Belgian IPA is awsome, T

Back