Best all grain hoppy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried making punk IPA from diy dog. It was good. Got the original version of punk in the fv at the moment.

I like the look of you're bad bird. The hops look good, I might order that for one of my next brews

I've just found you're kit for bad bird on malt miller

Yup - that's me. Good find.
Malt Miller is great for this - as you can design and order the exact ingredient amounts you need.

If you decide to go ahead with it, let me know what happens I'll be interested to know what you think.

My most recent one is great and all done with just 150 gramns of hops.. Citra Centennial and Chinook!!

I also loved my slovenian one which was 200 grams I cannot remember which hops styrian cascade, strian wolf, dana and another one which I cannot remember.

GH English IPA is pretty good, get yourself a good yeast for that though!!

My most recent one is great and all done with just 150 gramns of hops.. Citra Centennial and Chinook!!

I also loved my slovenian one which was 200 grams I cannot remember which hops styrian cascade, strian wolf, dana and another one which I cannot remember.

GH English IPA is pretty good, get yourself a good yeast for that though!!

I plan on making that, what yeast do you suggest?

I plan on making that, what yeast do you suggest?

Recipe calls for ringwood which might well be a good match,i never used it and some here think it needs a bit of work..

I used wyeast london ale III which gave a subtle fruity taste and made it almost a sweet bready finish.

This gave a FG of around 1015 I think

Recipe calls for ringwood which might well be a good match,i never used it and some here think it needs a bit of work..

I used wyeast london ale III which gave a subtle fruity taste and made it almost a sweet bready finish.

This gave a FG of around 1015 I think

Ok, thanks, I will do some reading.

I have two IPAs conditioning now which I think should be fairly hoppy but the best I've done was a joint venture with a mate last year which basically persuaded me to get back into HB. I don't know if it was because I was basically helping out but it was the simplicity of it that made me realise 'I can do this'.

Anyway I called him last night to ask what the recipe was and he said it was the 1885 Younger XP recipe from Ron Pattinson's book The Home Brewer's Guide to Vintage Beer and that it was dry hopped with 100g Cluster. As I remember it took at least two months to condition and was really quite bitter and light but it definitely had a fruity hoppy forwardness about it. So far on my own I haven't managed to match that beer for sheer quality but I'm still very much a rookie at this and live in hope.

I have two IPAs conditioning now which I think should be fairly hoppy but the best I've done was a joint venture with a mate last year which basically persuaded me to get back into HB. I don't know if it was because I was basically helping out but it was the simplicity of it that made me realise 'I can do this'.

Anyway I called him last night to ask what the recipe was and he said it was the 1885 Younger XP recipe from Ron Pattinson's book The Home Brewer's Guide to Vintage Beer and that it was dry hopped with 100g Cluster. As I remember it took at least two months to condition and was really quite bitter and light but it definitely had a fruity hoppy forwardness about it. So far on my own I haven't managed to match that beer for sheer quality but I'm still very much a rookie at this and live in hope.

What yeast did you use?

Latest posts

Back