best way to heat/control temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita

Reaction score
Hi all

I've lost my good constant source of heat (dodgy frezer) which just had to go. The beer brewed well sat on the work top above it. I'm struggling with a heat belt and as I can't keep and eye on it regularly I wondered if there was some super new product! or just a good old fashioned way, or keeping my fermenting bucket at a good steady temperature. As we're not started using the wood burner yet this year the house temperature also fluctuates and is on the cool side.

Help please, I am strugging with brewing at the moment and this could be the first dry Christmas since i started to home brew!

Put your fermenting bucket in a water bath and put a aquarium heater in the water bath

thanks for that. is there any one type of heater your prefer. I used to keep tropical fish and have one or two stick on over the years.

I think people just get them off ebay. I did when I used that method.

If however you have space, get an old fridge (ebay, freecycle etc) a tubular heater and a STC1000 to control the temp

Hi,

+1 for using an STC1000 in conjunction with any heating source.

They're not that expensive really and, in conjunction with an aquarium heater, will ensure the power to the heater cuts out even if it does stick which I know they are notorious for.

I've recently gone the fermentation fridge route with tube heater and it really has transformed by last brew being able to hold the temp within +/- 1/2 degree each way.

Good luck :thumb:

A

Fil said:
using a device such as the above mentioned stc1000 to control the temp will overcome the sticking heater issue

I use an STC with a brew belt, it's a belter :thumb:

Latest posts

Back