Better Brew Czech pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavieC

Landlord.
Reaction score
Started this kit last night , not done one of this brand before but the 2.1kg of pre hopped malt comes in a handy easy to use pouch with a screw cap fastened to it, an impressive 10g satchet of yeast(ale yeast). I added 500g Light DME and 500g table sugar, I've started using water straight from the tap where as I used to add a quart crushed campden tab but stopped as our water tastes great and not noticed any difference. OG 1047 ,placed in water bath in garage and shall leave it now for 2 weeks.

Hi, I checked gravity on mine on Saturday ,down to 1012, I decided to give it another week before bottling,it may drop a bit more, maybe not. Smelt really good,looked a little dark in the FV but this may have been due to the light.

Hi I just checked Gravity and It's still at 1012 so I've switched the water bath off now and letting it cold crash and aim to bottle on Saturday.

After cold crashing for a couple of days in the garage, I bottled the brew this morning, I used 150g table sugar dissolved in 500ml water, added to bottling bucket and transferred the brew onto it giving 21 ltrs. The sample I took from FV whilst transfering tasted excellent. Obviously it was flat, but the crisp pilsner taste was all there, I'm really pleased at this stage.The colour will be fine when the beer has fully cleared,a nice deep straw shade. I'm confident that when this is carbonated and with some time conditioning it's going to be superb.
IMG_20210213_160140.jpg
bottled this morning

IMG_20210430_203743.jpg

Hi ,it's been in the bottle a good couple of months now, still not cleared but the taste is excellent. Great value for money, it tastes like a more expensive kit, I'm really pleased with it. athumb..

I forgot to report back on this... mine didn’t clear after kegging and cold crashing until the end of the keg.... however it lasted 2 weeks!! Very drinkable, smooth and tasty. Better with a lower level of carbonation imo.

Back