BIAB Lager recipe needed (Czech style)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirehomebrew

Regular.
Reaction score
As the tempurature is dropping I thought it might be an ideal time to start thinking about brewing some lager for a change.

never done one before so am looking for inspiration (and recipe ideas), I have looked through some recipe websites etc and have seen some that I like the look of but am asking everyone here to see what they come up with too.

The parameters are 5 gallon batch, I will be bottling it all, dont want anything over 4% (ish) and I prefer BIAB as a method.

I have a liking for a slightly malty lager that the Buxton Brewery guys do, they have a 4.4% and a 5% version of their Czech lager so if anyone knows a clone recipe that would be great too.

I'd suggest the same as Ian. I don't make/like lager but the receipe GH's book looks good.

Tip: You need very soft water for this kind of style of beer. If you haven't got soft tap water I'd buy bottled water - unless of course you already know about treating your water and do so already

Thanks guys am about to check out the link, yes i have soft water as it comes all the way from the lake district (which is lovely of them) :lol:

Ahh ok thats a SMaSH so pretty straightforward.

Just seen it and that looks spot on for what I want, am not really a lager drinker but the local stuff is a nice malty slightly hoopy pilsner

Am tempted to split batch it and use Saaz in one and Citra in the other, just for comparisons sake of ocurse

many thanks

Latest posts

Back