Black Rock IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
So this was my first attempt at home brew, I did this kit with a can of malt extract as recommended by my LHBS as it will make it into a 'premium' beer as opposed to just a nice beer, I didn't have a hydrometer at the time of brewing so can't give readings or an accurate ABV, as it was my first kit I did make a mistake of adding far too much sugar to the keg for secondary fermentation, 335g not the 3-3.5oz I wrote down :doh: anyway after relieving pressure a couple of times at the start it seemed o.k, I bottled 6 to hand out and to keep for next year, the kegged beer has a definite stronger flavour than the bottled but is most definitely drinkable as the 10 or so people who have tried it said its lovely, (and they helped themselves after the first pint). The brew doesn't hold it's head all the way down the glass (not that I'm overly bothered about that) the important bit to me is that it is a nice pint that I can sup all afternoon or evening, it is easily as nice as some of the beers I have tried in the pub and at a fraction of the cost, I would happily do this kit again.

:drink:

Back