Blackcurrant cordial recipe please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshwitch

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of the Blackcurrant cordial recipe please or something using cordial, I have a bottle soon to go out of date I found in the back of my cupboard

Cheers

Here's a link to a thread of mine, which contains a couple more links.

I don't have time now, just about to shut down and leave w**k, but I'll come back to you later with a modification.

Welshwitch said:
enjoy your night at work
No,no, NO!
Wrong way around. I was at w**k, ready to shut down, pull plugs and get out of there.

Anyway, what I was going to say was that it needs some more experimentation but I'm not convinced all that boiling does much to get rid of the preservatives. I have a brew on the go at the moment which is nearing the end of fermentation but I started off a ‘Basic White’ using white grape juice and apple juice and then added some Ribena when topping up much later in the game.

I've been reading elsewhere about adding the flavour ingredients later in the fermentation process, and that it retains more of the flavour in the finished product, so I thought I would give it a try with a cordial before extending this to country wines. Go easy with the blackcurrant though, just 100ml in the gallon makes a big difference.

Sounds interesting Moley, keep us posted with the results - i`m still to try a ribena type brew :thumb:

:rofl: :rofl:
Whoops sorry Moley misread your post thought you were leaving for work. Your blackcurrant flavouring sounds interesting as Rick says please keep us posted.

Soon be cider pressing time yipee.

Back