Blandford Flyer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybacardi

Reaction score
Hi guys, having been inspired by Badger's Blandford Flyer, I intend to do a version of all grain that has a slight "ginger" taste. Using fresh ginger could anyone out there give me an idea as to when the best time would be to add the ginger. Cheers all :thumb:

Flavouring can be added either in the last few minutes of the boil or as Graham Hughes book suggests can be added after 4 days into fermentation. Another way is to make a tincture (steep in vodka for a couple of weeks) then add some (or all) of the vodka at bottling time

Just down the road from me but can't remember what it tastes like. Must be stronger than I expected!
Making a tea from the ginger would give you a chance to gauge strength of the ginger you add, if you are just after a background note. Add any time like already said.

Also I'd consider adding a smidge of dried ginger as I imagine you'll get more depth and warmth from that than fresh.

Not that I've tried it myself

I had one of them once and I actually thought it was quite nice.. a nice change anyway..

I will be interested to see how you get on

Latest posts

Back