Blichmann Autosparge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Blichmann autosparge kit or made something similar using a float valve.
And if so is it any good?
Figured I can keep the lid on my coolbox while mashing in the winter

(JUST NEED TO MAKE AND BUY THINGS) :geek:

Cheers highwayman.
Must admit I did have reservations about the effectiveness and accuracy of the float valve especially under low pressure.
Maybe back to the drawing board.

Actually a Valentine Arm is much more effective at controlling water level during the sparge . . . .Once you have set your HLT flow rate correctly, and that doesn't take long

I use float switches to control my sparge pump but I have a different set up to everyone else, two vessel full length recirculation mash. Two pumps near to balance left pump slightly more open. I use the boiler as my RIMS.

(This picture does not have float valve in place, an extra wire goes from green pump plugs to the float valve)

fullmash.jpg

the left hand pump is float switch controlled so that the mash tun does not over flow, I have a cheapo hong kong vertical float valve ATM, from the bay, just saving up for better one. Works well when working but cheap switch sometimes does not switch even though the float has dropped :eek:

Will be doing another brew sunday so will take some photos of the valve it action so to speak

Back