Blonde Ambition by Shepherde Neame/Sam Adams...wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexBanner

Reaction score
So I bought 4 bottles of the above for £1 a pop Morrisons.

And wow! I never thought I'de so offended and outraged over 4 quid! If kermit the frog violated my mouth instead and told me to "clean yourself up you whore!" Atleast I'de still have my 4 quid!

I'm not an expert on tasting hops and malts etc (good and bad is about there at te moment) but this was another level.

Has anyone had this pesh at any point and said "ummmmn yummmmy!" To themselves???

Rant over anyhow.

I didn't think it was AS bad as you're making out, especially considering it was only a pound a bottle. They also have a Wadworth IPA on offer at a pound which I found to be a lot worse.

I find a lot of bottled beers are terrible after comparison to them from a keg or cask. They always seem to be watery and even when advertised as hoppy, very bland. Never hold a head or lacing.
I've had blonde ambition in pubs and didn't find it that bad.
I have to say my own bottled beers are a thousand times better than shop bought.

I found it pretty bland.....but, for £1, I got a free bottle to add to my collection to reuse :lol:

I think the 'hopped' lagers are probably worse because I cannot taste any hops or 'floral, citrus notes' in them at all - I'm looking at you, Hop House 13!

Latest posts

Back