Bottle washing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donny_1972

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any members have tried washing there bottles in the dishwasher before sterilising. It was just an idea of mine to try and save some time but iam not to sure this method would work very well. You would have to place the bottles upside down so i dont know if the water would get into the bottles.

I believe it does work . . . like you I cannot see how the water would get inside . . . unfortunately I have been unable to test it out as I am the dishwasher . . . If anyone would like to donate a dishwasher I am more than happy to report my findings :lol:

I find that rinsing the bottles well immediately after pouring gets rid of most of the junk . . . when I have half a dozen, I soak them in a washing up bowl with hot water and a generous scoop of Vanish Oxyaction . . . 15 minutes later, empty rinse, wipe to remove glue . . . drain adn store capped with silver foil ready for use . . .

Its got to be more eco friendly than using a dishwasher to do it

I also rinse the bottle out as soon as i pour my beer into a glass. Keep the suggestions coming.

Latest posts

Back