Bottling Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crilly

Reaction score
Hi,

After bottling i need to keep the beer at room temperature for a few days, unfortunately i don't have enough room in my house to store 40 bottles so it need to go back into the garage, which is causing issues during the winter.

Just wondering what other people do to during the winter to keep the beer at a steady temperature.

Thanks

Yep u just have to get inventive hide them somewhere and when she finds them find a new place lol

Why not keep as many in the house as you have space for (I'll bet there are lots of places if you look hard) then after 10 days bring another batch in, up-end the bottles to redistribute the yeast and when the beer has warmed again the yeast will wake up and start to work on the priming sugar. Keep doing that until all your beer is carbed up. And by the time the second batch has carbed up you should be nearly ready to sample the first batch, and so on
But if you have power in your garage you could set up one of these
How to Set up a Water Bath for your FV - The HomeBrew Forum
You can then ferment in it and after you have bottled put as many bottles in there as you can. Then rotate as above
Finally bear in mind most yeast will function above about 16*C is just takes longer thats all.

Thanks for the replies, just out of interest what is the idea temp to keep them at for a week. I currently have a mix of Stout and Real Ale

Latest posts

Back