Brambling Cross

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only ever used brambling cross in stout so I don't know what its actual flavour is. Be interested to know what others think.

I used barmling cross in my pale added the last 30min to boil it has a distinct citrus aroma to it i assumed it was the bramling aswell

The table I use for hop varieties has the following to say about Brambling Cross:

Very distinctive character that has notes of blackcurrant and spicy citrus. Has very good potential for cask conditioned beers and dry hopping.

I think that's a 'yes'

I have only ever used it in a stout for bittering perhaps I should try it in a pale or a bitter. :hmm:

I tend to get more blackcurrant than citrus using Bramling Cross, but I haven't used it all that much. I like it as a bittering hop in dark beers.

I've never used it, but it strikes me from the description and brewers on here using it in stouts etc that it would be a belter of a hop to use in a dark Belgian Dubbel or Quad. Must order some.

Latest posts

Back