Braumeisters forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn’t busy because it spent more time off than on.

I wish the owner just asked for help or to transfer ownership as it had a wealth of knowledge that cannot be found anywhere else.

Forums have gotten much more expensive to run lately. The very niche ones have already begun to go offline.

Back in the day BM and the Grainfather were the go to machines the BM being the most expensive and being the only one where every part was replacable, today buyers have a huge range to choose from and parts like the element burning out are no longer a big concerns I imagine BM sales have dropped like a stone.

Last edited:
I used that site a lot but stopped for a few years ago because of constant logging in issues etc. Not sure its much to do with sales of BMs though as there are still a lot of owners and they seem to last for ever! i think its more whoever set up the site lost interest.

Not sure its much to do with sales of BMs though as there are still a lot of owners and they seem to last for ever!

As has been said forums are expensive to run, if you don't have a regular trickle of new members joining and asking questions and knowledgeable members willing to keep logging in to answer money made from advertising takes a huge hit its also not easy to keep on the front page of google if activity dies so new owners may just register with the ones above you in the result page , the problem you mentioned logging in will also not have helped and that was two years ago.

I believe its more a case of the owner lost money than lost interest but that of course is pure speculation.

Last edited:
I have pinged Niels on the last known contact details I have, but nothing back.

Strange the BM is expensive, but does seem to hold its own. They are also still ahead of the pack with new developments - jacketed temp control for example. I think this because they make kit for industry and this is thier smallest machine. No just for homebrew and this is their largest (or only) machine.

Latest posts

Back