Brew devil/monk conical 30L fermenter in undercounter fridge ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danksy92

Reaction score
Hi all long time lurker here have scanned various threads with no luck im 99% sure the Brewtech 7 gallon brew bucket will fit but cant find much on the 30L conicals i have a hotpoint rla36 with the half compressor cutout im on the edge of buying either but leaning towards the 30L for the yeast dump

Does anyone here have the brew devil/monk in an undercounter fridge or could post the dimensions at the legs i had seen the brewtech has slight taper so the legs are smaller diameter is this true with the 30L

Any help appreciated tia

I doubt it would fit in an under counter fridge, there is a new one coming out a stainless version of the Apollo but even that may be too big as it has try clover fittings. Why not get the Apollo PET it is the thickest walled fermenter on the market.

Why not get the Apollo PET it is the thickest walled fermenter on the market.
I’m guessing because they were only launched in Australia by Keg King in September, and there has been absolutely no word from either KK or Brew2Bottle regarding when we can expect them to arrive in the U.K.

Hi Danksy92,
I have a brew monk 30L conical fermenter, and it didn't fit an under counter fridge, so i use a larder fridge for it to sit in, which i got for free on facebook market place. From what i remember there are diagrams with all the dimensions on their website which might help.
The conical fermenter is great for ease of use/cleaning. Hope the above is of use.

001.JPG

December 2020 was the release over here. not sure if B2B got any in the last container. I do know they are selling plenty over here.

I’m guessing because they were only launched in Australia by Keg King in September, and there has been absolutely no word from either KK or Brew2Bottle regarding when we can expect them to arrive in the U.K.

I doubt it would fit in an under counter fridge, there is a new one coming out a stainless version of the Apollo but even that may be too big as it has try clover fittings. Why not get the Apollo PET it is the thickest walled fermenter on the market.
I have looked at the pet fermenters unfortunately the base is too large on several models regarding the stainless version i cant find anything on this do you have a link?

Hi Danksy92,
I have a brew monk 30L conical fermenter, and it didn't fit an under counter fridge, so i use a larder fridge for it to sit in, which i got for free on facebook market place. From what i remember there are diagrams with all the dimensions on their website which might help.
The conical fermenter is great for ease of use/cleaning. Hope the above is of use.
Thanks for the feedback its a 60x 60 undercounter with the extra cut out so was hoping the extra space would just fit i have seen a few photos of the ss 7 gallon brew bucket inside my model of fridge that has some clearance to the door i know the brewmonk is a little bigger the diameter is listed from the lid but im looking for the measurements from below as it should be less than the 350mm as listed i could possibly raise the conical above the hump but may run into height issues.

Could i trouble you to measure the distance between the legs and the height of the legs as this tells me where the base starts i had messaged a few vendors at start of the week but no response yet

You might be able to shorten the rear leg so it sits on top of the 'lump'. I think others have fitted a Fermzilla All Rounder in an undercounter fridge, sitting it on a short bit of 4" pipe or on a shelf with a hole cut out.

Hi Danksy92. I have a 30L Brewdevil, which lives in an undercounter Beko fridge. However, to make it fit I had to cut away all of the fridge door storage. I also use a thin piece of shelving on the fridge floor to raise the fermenter, which allows the bulk of the body to clear the compressor hump. You'll see what I mean in the photos.

It's also worth bearing in mind you won't have much height clearance for an airlock, so you'll probably need to use a blow-off tube instead.

The height of the leg is 145mm to the outside of the fermentor, and the leg-to-leg- distance is 200mm. Note this is the version without dump valve. I *think* the dump valve version is 100mm higher.

If you need any other measurements, let me know.
Andrew

Attachments

• 20211111_085526.jpg
    20211111_085526.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211111_085523.jpg
    20211111_085523.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 57
Hi Danksy92. I have a 30L Brewdevil, which lives in an undercounter Beko fridge. However, to make it fit I had to cut away all of the fridge door storage. I also use a thin piece of shelving on the fridge floor to raise the fermenter, which allows the bulk of the body to clear the compressor hump. You'll see what I mean in the photos.

It's also worth bearing in mind you won't have much height clearance for an airlock, so you'll probably need to use a blow-off tube instead.

The height of the leg is 145mm to the outside of the fermentor, and the leg-to-leg- distance is 200mm. Note this is the version without dump valve. I *think* the dump valve version is 100mm higher.

If you need any other measurements, let me know.
Andrew
Nice setup fits perfectly thanks for the photos i would be ok with cutting some plastics as its a cheap fridge i have attached a photo with the fridge dimensions please excuse the marks i was testing out corny kegs its around 70cm height inside but a little worried about the compressor hump to the door if these are similar dimensions to the beko im sure it will fit
IMG_20211111_134450_compress.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it does fit in nicely. The Beko is an LA120W, which I found 2nd hand on eBay.

The dimensions are very similar. I have 285mm from the front of the fridge to the compressor, and then gain around 20mm into the door after cutting away the plastic, so 305mm in total.

After a bit more measuring I reckon the absolute minimum you need is 300mm, so you might be OK, depending on the depth of the door. The fermenter has three legs, so you may be able to rotate it slightly into the space next to your compressor hump, which will save you a few mm. It'll be tight.

Worst case you could probably get two cornys in your Hotpoint, and then pick up a cheap Beko for the fermenter!

I've been really pleased with the Brewdevil. Much easier to clean than plastic buckets, nice airtight lid, and beer comes out at the end!

I think ill go for the conical for ease of cleaning i had seen alot of good reviews online just out of curiosity how long have you owned your brew devil?

i like the excuse for a new kegerator looks like you could fit a shorter keg on the hump the Mr's drinks my brews so wont be no complaints lol lots of beko fridges around on marketplace ect so will take my chances :D

I've had mine for 18 months. I brew once a month, and it's still like new inside.
That's my decision made a little easier thanks everyone for the input im planning to put a tri clamp port for dry hopping a 2-3 psi dump valve and corny gas post on the airlock cutout

I have looked at the pet fermenters unfortunately the base is too large on several models regarding the stainless version i cant find anything on this do you have a link?
I have this PET Apollo sitting on a keg chime, the good thing with the Apollo is when you come to cold crash no need to have any other contraption to stop suck back. The PET just sucks in and pops out again when empty.
As you can see from the photo the S/steel Apollo has the tri clover fittings so won't be any advantage.
What you could get is the little 12 volt Thermentor can even cold crash with it.
001.JPG 002.JPG004.JPG

I have this PET Apollo sitting on a keg chime, the good thing with the Apollo is when you come to cold crash no need to have any other contraption to stop suck back. The PET just sucks in and pops out again when empty.
As you can see from the photo the S/steel Apollo has the tri clover fittings so won't be any advantage.
What you could get is the little 12 volt Thermentor can even cold crash with it.
View attachment 57464 View attachment 57465View attachment 57466
I like the look of those carry handles on the Apollo (they aren’t so obvious in your brew room photos). I have a Mk1 Fermentasaurus and find the handles on the stand can be a bit unstable to carry from my brew space to fermentation fridge. Was thinking of upgrading to the Chubby after Christmas but think I might hold out for the Apollo now.

Back