Brewday #3 - Coopers Mexican Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlatan

Reaction score
After bottling the Irish Stout with treacle and chocolate I still had some time so decided to do brew number three. The problem was I had very little in the way of brew kit and the nearest LHBS is over an hour way in Edinburgh so had to use what I had lying around.

So instead of the recommended 1kg of Coopers Brew Enhancer 2, I had to use Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 (1kg) and decided to top up with 250g of brewing sugar. I brewed to 23l and pitched the yeast at 21 degrees. Hopefully it doesn't come out too thin or too sickly sweet but we will see.

Og 1041

The plan is to leave this one until the summer...but the best laid plans and all that!

I have five kits that I am really wanting to do so think a big order online will be going in soon...

I brewed mine with brew enhancer 2, and it turned out a lovely light refreshing pint. But what youve used, sounds ok to me, and well worth a go. I bet you will enjoy every pint of it. :cheers:

Mind there's a place in Kirkcaldy Ryan??

I know it's not close, but its way better than going to Edinburgh.

K

kev said:

K

I thought it was fairly poorly stocked? They dont even have an online presence which is staggering these days.

I've started using a place in Glasgow as the Edinburgh stores are overpriced, but I do like to buy locally if I can! It's Innhousebrewery, good stock, low prices and the delivery is very reasonable, more you order lower the price.

In particular their Coopers PET bottles are only £7.85 and their Coopers Malt Extract is only £7.95 a can. I saved nearly £20 on my last order!

(note I have no affiliation with them, just used them a couple of times now and very happy).

R

Rento said:
I've started using a place in Glasgow as the Edinburgh stores are overpriced, but I do like to buy locally if I can! It's Innhousebrewery, good stock, low prices and the delivery is very reasonable, more you order lower the price.

In particular their Coopers PET bottles are only £7.85 and their Coopers Malt Extract is only £7.95 a can. I saved nearly £20 on my last order!

(note I have no affiliation with them, just used them a couple of times now and very happy).

R

Add it to this thread and put a review on the bottom as I did.

It's really useful to new and returning people so that they know where their LHBS is and whether it's worth going to.

And to add, it is indeed keenly priced. £11.95 for the Coopers kits is better than even Tesco or Wilko's regular prices.

Rento said:

R

Thanks for that Rento. Some of the prices are great. Will certainly check it out further.

Cheers. :thumb:

Charlatan said:
kev said:

K

I thought it was fairly poorly stocked? They dont even have an online presence which is staggering these days.

Yeah for grains/hops he is but for Coopers kits, he's ok.

I CERTAINLY wouldn't recommend shopping there all the time, but if you need a few bits, he's not bad.

K

Put it in another FV for a couple of days - worth a try isn't it ? :cheers:

Charlatan said:
Due to life getting in the way this has been stuck in the FV for a month! Is it destined to go down the drain or still worth bottling?
Why would you dump it, is it foul smelling or infected? I would certainly bottle it mate if it seems ok. :thumb:

Back