Brewery Construction

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle_T

The Essex Brewer
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Firstly, you'll have to excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where it fit in.

Today is a grand, grand, day, The sun is shining (behind the overcast clouds) and the birds arn't singing, BUT, I got my new shiney delivered this morning and I can finally begin to assemble my new brewing lair in the garage, Just a few small bits to collect, most importantly the grain! and some other stuff too, then I can make the leap of faith over to the dark side.

I shall do this as a sort of project thread covering the assembly and my first all grain brew, I have opted for the BIAB method so it should be interesting to see if I get it right first time, But for now, enough babbling, Heres some pictures!

Some of the new bits delivered yesterday:
536399_10152673765590366_1107851424_n.jpg

The rest of the stuff to be moved for the brewing bench:
7702_10152667179310366_147644599_n.jpg

And last but not least, THE 50L SHINEY! YAAAAY!
73719_10152675296165366_385972562_n.jpg

I shall keep updating the post as things progress,

Heres to a wonderful AG future, Cheers :cheers:

Thank you, it's not final yet, it's all got to be transported into the garage and set up properly but most of the bits are now together. Curse you all for making AG so appealing! Lol.

Well done mate, you won't regret it! Just wait till you taste your first AG, you'll be blown away!

It was tasting a mans AG that set the wheels in motion, he had a Guiness clone and orange and coriander stout. Just a few little bits to get and to set up then I Gould be doing my first brew by the end of next week.

Cheers bob, If all goes well I should have a nice polypin of 2% stout to share with you all.

Evening Kyle,

Would you be good enough to let me know where you obtained your 'very neatly coiled' wort chiller from please and the cost involved.

I went the DIY route and made a right pig's ear of it with some bad kinks ending up in the pipework. It doesn't really matter but I may just treat myself and forego the Easter Eggs.......

Cheers

Andy

Colchester Home Brew for £55 I believe. Sounds pricey but the craftsmanship is excellent.

Hello all again,

The first update of many to be sure, Everything has been moved into the garage and set up, all I need is to move the remainer of the small bits from the house and buy a few small items and I am ready to go, Brew day planned for next weekend.

The nearly finished article:
564527_10152682875930366_974765105_n.jpg

Congrats on going all grain, you will not regret it! Nice set up there! I thinking about getting a gas ring in the garage to do my brews, fortunately SWIMBO lets me in the kitchen at the minute!
Good luck on your first brew, just take your time with it and everything will work out!
Happy Easter!

Thank you again.

That gas ring was £27 from The Malt Miller, bigger than it looks in the picture. Doing a stout for my first brew. I shall hope for the best.

Another small update for my loyal fans,

Had to postpone the brew weekend as I still have to acquire the final pieces of pipe work to link it all together but I shall certainly be having a brew day next week come hell or high water.

I shall put my orders in for the grain tomorrow and take the rest of the small bits out also, courtesy of Joe, I have purchased his 50 litre mash tun that he will kindly drop off this weekend for me so I shall a picture of the final set up when that arrives.

The brewery is ready to be born!

Wish me luck.

Hello all,

I placed my orders earlier this morning, they have already dispatched from the shop. The remaining small bits have also been ordered.

The grain I ordered was:
1.5kg Pale Malt.
250g Crystal Malt.
500g Flaked Barley.
250g Roasted Barley.

100g Target Hops 11.4% Alpha.
11g sachet Safeale 04 Yeast.
50g Irish Moss.

These should all arrive Monday and make a 2% Stout.

Latest posts

Back