Brewfather equipment profile

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHudds

Reaction score
Hi all,

I used Brewfather software for the first time last brew. After a bit of playing around, I thought I had things looking ok.

I added my own equipment profile, but mostly guessing with the numbers for volumes and efficiency as I'm still only a few AG brews in. I do BIAB, in Wilco stockpot and dunk sparge a bit in the FV.

However, when I got as far as having the wort in the fermenter and to the right temperature, my OG was much higher than expected, and I had less wort too. I needed to top up with about 2.3 litres (I aim for about 8 or 9 litres in bottles at the end) which got me to the target OG.

Here's a screen grab of the values I put into Brewfather equipment profile. I'm not too sure where the 11.02l comes from calculation wise. Could anyone help?

I've also attached the Batch Values it shows me for this brew. I'm a bit confused by all the volumes and losses, and if the calculation of my efficiency is pre or post the 2.3l top up.

As always, any help greatly appreciated. I realise it's maybe a bit of an open ended question!

IMG_20210715_211139.jpgIMG_20210715_211738.jpg

Yeah, my boil off is about 4L per hour, as said above, I would do a run with water and see what you get.
Though, not totally accurate, will give you a better idea.
Sugar water evaporates slightly different to plain water.

Latest posts

Back