brewferm ambiorix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rab

Reaction score
started this off today with a kilo of spraymalt and 130g of brewing sugar and only got a dissappointing 1048 OG. the tin says it should get 1060.

the instructions recommend candy sugar, can anyone tell me what that is?

Candy sugar is a product produced by brewferm - you can also make your own at home by boiling a sugar solution and a pinch of citric acid, which will save you some pennies.
A quick search on here should see you right :thumb:
Personally I'd use unrefined brown sugar boiled up in a bit of water to make a syrup.

rabbie said:
Candy sugar is a product produced by brewferm - you can also make your own at home by boiling a sugar solution and a pinch of citric acid, which will save you some pennies.
A quick search on here should see you right :thumb:
Personally I'd use unrefined brown sugar boiled up in a bit of water to make a syrup.
It's called "invert sugar"!

still a bit disappointed with the OG though, its only going to give about 5.3 ABV if it ferments out fully.
I have a brewferm triple conditioning now that finished at 1015, has anyone else had any problems with these kits?

Rab said:
still a bit disappointed with the OG though, its only going to give about 5.3 ABV if it ferments out fully.
I have a brewferm triple conditioning now that finished at 1015, has anyone else had any problems with these kits?

hi Rab, yes I've read of other people having trouble with the higher abv Brewferm kits .. read the 'Brewferm Triple' thread. Whereas my Brewferm Tarwebier has worked well and achieved 5.8% rather than the 5.0% target :hmm:

Back