Brewferm Kriek

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker

Reaction score
I fancy making this beer for my wife. The only trouble is the ABV of 5.5% would be too strong for her.
Any one any idea if this kit could be adapted to say a 4% ABV?

By my calculations you want to add somewhere between 250g and 300g not the asked for 500g of sugar, still brew it to 12l and it should come out ok

Muddydisco said:
By my calculations you want to add somewhere between 250g and 300g not the asked for 500g of sugar, still brew it to 12l and it should come out ok
Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Muddydisco whilst on calculations if I brewed the Kriek beer on its own without adding sugar what ABV could I expect?

wht not liquor up to 4% ?
add the stated amount of sugar then calculate using this way
abv x lts / required abv

5.5% x 12 litres =66 / 4% =16.5 litres
only a suggestion but im sure your wife would rather have 16.5 litres than 12

bomberns127 said:
wht not liquor up to 4% ?
add the stated amount of sugar then calculate using this way
abv x lts / required abv

5.5% x 12 litres =66 / 4% =16.5 litres
only a suggestion but im sure your wife would rather have 16.5 litres than 12
Yes well thought out....but would the flavour suffer?....just a thought!!

no different than not adding enough sugar, its meant to be drunk at 5.5% all strong beers suffer a but if you reduce the abv, split the batch if you have 2 small fv's, make up to 12 litres without the sugar split into 2 - 6 litre batches add half the sugar into 1 keeping the recipe standard at 5.5% then make the 2nd up to 8.25 litres which will make it 4%, you might have to get another yeast or make your sachet into a starter then split between the two, how to do this is on the website, not as scary as it sounds

Latest posts

Back