Brewing belt Vs Fermenting Tray

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drago-mir

Reaction score
This year I've moved into a new property with my other half and kids. I want to continue brewing through winter in our bedroom but it gets pretty cold up there. Sadly there isn't anywhere else in the house i can do it. So my question is which is better for keeping my brew warm for fermenting a brewing belt or a heating tray.

All answers will be appreciated

Thanks
Dan

Either will be fine.

However, Neither should be used without a Thermostat set to the correct brewing Range!!

I'm having the same issues myself. Just bought 2 brew belts One for my glass 5g demi & one for my Coopers brew bucket. How do you fit a thermostat to a brew belt?

I would go with an immersion heater. I have the electrim 75 and it's served me well.

ScottM said:
I would go with an immersion heater. I have the electrim 75 and it's served me well.

+1. Belts and tray heaters are too inaccurate and need a decent temperature controller.

Get down to the pet shop and get yourself an aquarium heater. It's got its own thermostat, set it, sanitize it, and drop it in the brew. Keeps mine at a perfect 20degrees as long as ambient is lower.

Latest posts

Back