Brewing Cotleigh Barn Owl

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whinton

Reaction score
I'm having a go at Cotleigh Barn Owl tomorrow.

Mental note to myself to run the recipe through the beer engine software first this time! I have a new 50L boiler and last time, half way through, decided that I could produce more wort now that I had a bigger boiler. If I had of thought of it a bit earlier I might have added extra grain too instead of ending up with a lower OG than intended!!
Live and learn :lol::lol::lol:

The Wheeler book recipe? Let us know how it turns out. Northdown is my new favourite hop - I recently made a sort-of clone of Skinners Betty Stoggs which uses Northdown for bittering.

I've just done the tawny owl biab all went well except I forgot to mash out last half hour. What yeast are you using as the recipe I have doesn't give the yeast to use. Good luck hope all goes well for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What yeast are you using as the recipe I have doesn't give the yeast to use.

I'm going to use SO4. It has been OK for me up until my last brew. I might start looking at something else once I've used up my stock.

Darrellm - Unfortunately I'm not going to be using Northdown as I couldn't get the hops (Bad crop or something). I'm not at home at the moment but I'm sure I have an alternative. Might be Admiral from thinking back. I'll let you know how it goes anyway and YES, It is from Wheelers book which I regard as my bible. Not let me down yet :lol::lol:

Back